About Holly Kawakami, Ph.D.
To provide coaching that supports you in furthering your career and conquering financial issues.
My work is based on positive psychology and building on your strengths.
I use intuitive visualization to integrate the conscious and subconscious mind,
aligning your personal values with your everyday choices.
I can also assist you and your business in meeting global challenges.
- Ph.D. in Intercultural Communication
- MBA in Intercultural Management
- BA in Asian Studies
- UNM (University of New Mexico) and at Japanese universities
- intercultural communication, organizational communication, corporate diversity, mediation, and negotiation
- communications courses in UNM's Water Resource Management masterís degree program
- Communication Styles of Native America
- mediator with Faculty Dispute Resolution at UNM
- foundation training for graduate students
Corporate work history:
- 30 years in intercultural communication
- diversity consultant in the private and public sectors
- served on councils in Japan during the 1980s and 1990s,
when Japan was becoming increasingly multicultural and internationalized
- worked in international finance, specializing in Japanese corporations and "samurai" bonds
- clients included major Japanese companies and Japanese/U.S. joint ventures
Publications and workshops:
- Explication of the Zia Sun Symbol
- Diffusion of Xeriscaping in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Criteria of Highly Performing Teams
- Kinetic Facilitation Techniques for Promoting Relationships Among Members of Diverse Groups -- a chapter in Innovative Facilitation with Natural Groups (2006).
- History and Development of the Intercultural Communication Field in Japan (1950 to Present)
- Japan-U.S. Communication
- Bridging High and Low-Context Communication Styles through Kinetic Communication
- Cultural Exchange and Fusion
- Diffusion of Innovations
- Communication and Team Cohesion
- Identity of the Stranger
- Cultural Appropriation
| About Holly
| Contact Holly